At The University Church we find our inspiration to be the church in the scriptural witness of the Book of Acts:
All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell their possessions and goods and distribute the proceeds to all, as any had need. Day by day, as they spent much time together in the temple, they broke bread at home and ate their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having the goodwill of all people. And day by day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved. Acts 2:44-47
Our core values are what define us and make us who we are. They describe what matters to us and illustrate how we choose to live.
- A community reaching out to all of God’s people, seeking peace and justice
- Christ-centered and Spirit-led through prayer
- Teaching, mentoring and guiding through small group interactions
- Seeking to meet the needs of individuals and the community
- Transforming individuals, the church, the community and the world
- Worship that is relevant, vibrant and alive
- Openness, honesty and integrity in all things
Our vision is what we see before us. It is the future we seek to create and strive to embrace.
We envision a faith community devoted to reaching out, finding meaning in life, improving the community, re-envisioning the church and transforming the world.
Our mission is defined by what we do: building, seeking, reaching, introducing, and growing.
We understand our mission as building an authentic Christian community that seeks to reach those outside the faith, introduce them to Christ and grow together in discipleship.
The vision we seek to create is lived out through mission and implemented through our ministries:
- Authentic worship
- Evangelism and outreach
- Discipleship and fellowship
- Service in the world