Join us in supporting the students of Reynolds Elementary. Please consider picking up a few of these items when you are out and about. Donations can be placed in The University Church’s office. Thanks for being the hands and feet of Christ to the kids in the neighborhood.
School Supplies Drive Items:
- Crayola Crayons (24 count)
- #2 Pencils
- Pink Erasers
- Crayola Markers (10 count, both thick and thin)
- Expo Markers (thick)
Education at the Reynolds Community Outreach does not stop during the summer months! Check out our summer highlight video.
On the third Thursday of every month our church building transforms into a community center, complete with food pantry, personal needs supplies, and access to certified Community Health Workers. Please join us as a volunteer at a Third Thursday Outreach Ministry night. There are a variety of ways to participate and we are always looking for new faces. Even if you can only come for part of the time, your service will be greatly appreciated.
Please contact Nathan Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about volunteering. As a church family, we are so thankful for the opportunity to serve our neighbors. We hope you will join us
Interested in financially supporting the Third Thursday ministry?
- Follow this link to give online.
- You may donate by text. Simply text 419.987.4075 the dollar amount you’d like to give and the word “Missions”. For example: $10 Missions.
- Send your donation to The University Church at 4747 Hill Ave. Toledo, Ohio 43615. Please label your donation “Third Thursday”.
Thank you for supporting this work in the neighborhood.
The growing season is in full swing. Thank you to all of our friends, volunteers, supporters, and partners. We couldn’t do our work here at The University Church’s community garden without you. Here are a few updates on how things are going:
- Would you like to get your hands dirty and meet some new friends here in the community garden? Join us Wednesday, August 9, 2017 from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. for Garden Club Moonlight Madness. Find out more at our Facebook events page.
- Our long awaited well has been drilled. With the help of Able Well Drilling our garden will have access to clean, safe, and inexpensive water.
- Thank you to everyone who came to the first Sacred Grounds Workshop on July 15, 2017. The workshop was interactive, educational and those who attended learned how to care for our beautiful outdoor garden spaces.
- The garden has established a new way for volunteers to sign in online. The URL and a QR code that can be scanned are posted in the outdoor bulletin board in the center of the garden; along with directions for how to sign in. The link for the online volunteer sign in form is bit.ly/2sMpdBp. Please sign in whenever you volunteer. When you do, you will be eligible for gift certificates to local restaurants and other goodies, plus you’ll be helping the garden!
- Say hello to our new tractor! Thank you Bryan Ellis and Steven Collier for this awesome new addition to our growing garden.
- See our new volunteer opportunities (like the one below) and stay connected to the garden through our Facebook page.
- Follow us on Instagram.