The growing season is in full swing. Thank you to all of our friends, volunteers, supporters, and partners. We couldn’t do our work here at The University Church’s community garden without you. Here are a few updates on how things are going:
- Would you like to get your hands dirty and meet some new friends here in the community garden? Join us Wednesday, August 9, 2017 from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. for Garden Club Moonlight Madness. Find out more at our Facebook events page.
- Our long awaited well has been drilled. With the help of Able Well Drilling our garden will have access to clean, safe, and inexpensive water.
- Thank you to everyone who came to the first Sacred Grounds Workshop on July 15, 2017. The workshop was interactive, educational and those who attended learned how to care for our beautiful outdoor garden spaces.
- The garden has established a new way for volunteers to sign in online. The URL and a QR code that can be scanned are posted in the outdoor bulletin board in the center of the garden; along with directions for how to sign in. The link for the online volunteer sign in form is bit.ly/2sMpdBp. Please sign in whenever you volunteer. When you do, you will be eligible for gift certificates to local restaurants and other goodies, plus you’ll be helping the garden!
- Say hello to our new tractor! Thank you Bryan Ellis and Steven Collier for this awesome new addition to our growing garden.
- See our new volunteer opportunities (like the one below) and stay connected to the garden through our Facebook page.
- Follow us on Instagram.